Our Diversity, Equity, Access and Inclusion (DEAI) Vision
At Autism Speaks, we are working to achieve a world where all people with autism, across the spectrum and throughout the lifespan, can reach their full potential – inclusive of all abilities, ages, races, ethnicities, gender identities, sexual orientations, socioeconomic status, and belief systems.
Potential is unique to each individual and we strive to serve everyone with autism and their families by improving the representation of this diverse community in our content, expanding the reach of our resources and increasing inclusive practices in our workplace.
Our DEAI Purpose
Deeply ingrained in the Autism Speaks mission is a commitment to creating a more equitable and accessible world for those we serve. By enhancing our solutions, embracing culture and elevating diversity inside and outside of our organization, we can guide individuals and families to more relevant resources that can help them overcome obstacles they may encounter and reach their full potential. This work will address biases and disparities that create obstacles, champion equity-focused innovations and further advance the lives of people on the spectrum.
Our FY22 DEAI Commitments
- Expand inclusion within marketing and storytelling
- Measure and track diversity of all materials
- Identify partner organizations to support efforts
- Ensure resources are inclusive and accessible to underserved populations
- Conduct audit of current resources
- Identify populations in need of enhanced resources
- Develop plan to increase inclusivity and accessibility for these populations
- Increase inclusive practices in the workplace
- Launch Employee Resource Group program
- Launch DEAI training program
- Create and execute a more inclusive talent acquisition process
We will share quarterly updates on each of the above goals with the first update provided in October 2021.
To review our DEAI efforts to date, please read our past updates: