How we help.
Increasing global understanding and acceptance
From grassroots dedication to award-winning public awareness campaigns and the United Nations passage of the World Autism Awareness Day Resolution, Autism Speaks works to increase understanding and acceptance of people with autism worldwide.
- World Autism Month initiatives shining a light on autism worldwide to increase understanding and acceptance of people with autism
- Collaborative Ad Council public service campaigns increasing autism awareness by over 50%
- Social outreach sharing thousands of personal stories from the autism community
Being a catalyst for research breakthroughs
Autism Speaks scientific research projects, fellowships and collaborative initiatives deepen our understanding of autism and improve methods for diagnosing, treating and supporting people on the spectrum.
- Helped lead the genomic discovery about biology of autisms
- Oversight of collaborative Autism Treatment Network of leading academic and medical centers and significant supporter of early career scientists
- Advocacy for increased federal funding of autism research and medical innovations legislation
Increasing early childhood screening and timely intervention
With collaboration, Autism Speaks continues to address areas of critical importance to children with ASD and their support systems.
- Global Autism Public Health initiatives that address the needs of underserved populations worldwide
- Telelearning opportunities and access to autism evidence-based risk assessment tools
- Align with families, professionals, governments and advocacy groups in 70 countries to enable practical and effective delivery of care
Improving the transition to adulthood
Autism Speaks promotes the well-being, financial security and equal opportunity for adolescents and adults on the autism spectrum.
- Promotion of legislative policy supporting successful transition to adulthood
- Advocate for tax-preferred savings for disability-related expenses, including autism
- Online resources enhancing all facets of adult life including education, employment, housing and community living
Ensuring access to reliable information and services throughout the life span
Autism Speaks empowers people with autism, their families and service providers through information and referrals.
- One-on-one support for people with autism and their families through the Autism Speaks Autism Response Team
- Funding to increase programs and services for people with autism and family support
- Development and translation of vital information and resources from diagnosis through adulthood