Employment Tool Kit
Autism Speaks would like to help you find the right job by providing you with tools and resources, including our Employment Tool Kit.
We have written this kit to help you research, find and keep employment. We compiled job-related stories, tips and information from a collaboration of people, including autistic adults.
Although this guide is written for you, we know that it will also be helpful for family members, service providers, business leaders and anyone who is helping someone with autism find and keep a job.
The Employment Tool Kit is divided into the following sections:
- What Job is Right For You?
- Benefits and Funding
- Employment Models: What Option is Best For You?
- Your Job Search
- Transportation Options
- Resumes, Cover Letters and Applications
- The Job Interview
- Accommodations and Disclosure
- Soft Skills: Understanding the Social Elements of Your Job
- Success Stories and Lessons Learned
- My Employment Rights
- Glossary of Terms
- Employment Resources
- Step-by-Step Guide to Your Employment Search
Find more Autism Speaks employment resources here.
Complete the form below to access the Tool Kit
By submitting this form you will receive periodic communications from Autism Speaks. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Our Autism Response Team (ART) is specially trained to connect people with autism, their families, and caretakers to information, tools, and resources.