Challenging Behaviors Tool Kit
The Challenging Behaviors Tool Kit will provide you with strategies and resources to address these behaviors and help support you during difficult situations.
The kit is broken into different sections. You may want to read the kit in its entirety or work through a section at a time:
- Why is Autism Associated with Aggressive and Challenging Behaviors?
- Why is it Important to Do Something about Challenging Behaviors?
- Who Can Help? What is this Idea of a Team?
- What are the Things to Consider?
- What are the Positive Strategies for Supporting Behavior Implementation?
- What Might I Need to Know about Managing a Crisis Situation?
- What are Long Term Solutions and Where Can We Learn More?
- Challenging Behaviors Glossary
We sat down with 2 experts to help answer your frequently asked questions: Gary S. Mayerson, Founding Attorney at Mayerson and Associates, and Nicole Weidenbaum, Executive Director of Nassau Suffolk Services for Autism.
Check out the videos below to hear what they had to say!
Frequently Asked Questions
In the video below, Gary Mayerson provides information about crisis situations.
Gary also covered the following topics during our Q&A session with him:
In the video below, Nicole Weidenbaum provides background information about challenging behaviors.
Nicole also covered the following topics during our Q&A session with her:
Do you have any questions or are you looking for resources to help your loved one with challenging behaviors? Call our Autism Response Team at 888-288-4762 or email us at email@example.com. We are always happy to help!