Challenging Behaviors Tool Kit
Sometimes, people with autism display behaviors that are challenging to understand and address.
The Challenging Behaviors Tool Kit will provide you with strategies and resources to address these behaviors and help support you during difficult situations.
The kit is broken into different sections. You may want to read the kit in its entirety or work through a section at a time:
- Why is Autism Associated with Aggressive and Challenging Behaviors?
- Why is it Important to Do Something about Challenging Behaviors?
- Who Can Help? What is this Idea of a Team?
- What are the Things to Consider?
- What are the Positive Strategies for Supporting Behavior Implementation?
- What Might I Need to Know about Managing a Crisis Situation?
- What are Long Term Solutions and Where Can We Learn More?
- Challenging Behaviors Glossary
View our one-page overviews on anxiety, irritability and behavioral health for quick tips you can use at home.
Watch our Quick Tip Caregiver Skills Training Videos for parents and caregivers.
Do you have any questions or are you looking for resources to help your loved one with challenging behaviors? Call our Autism Response Team at 888-288-4762 or contact us online. We are always happy to help!
Complete the form below to access the Tool Kit
If you are not able to see the form, click here.
By submitting this form you will receive periodic communications from Autism Speaks. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Our Autism Response Team (ART) is specially trained to connect people with autism, their families, and caretakers to information, tools, and resources.