ATN/AIR-P Introduction to Behavioral Health Treatments
Many children with autism have challenges managing certain behaviors.
This tool kit provides parents with an overview of strategies you can use at home to limit challenging behaviors. It will also help you teach your child positive behaviors.
It includes an overview of behavioral treatments that you can seek out from qualified professionals.
- Tips for Increasing Appropriate Behavior at Home
- Focusing on Problem Behaviors
- How Professionals Treat Behavioral Challenges
- Tips to Improve Effectiveness of Behavioral Health Treatments
- Frequently Asked Questions about Behaviors
"These materials are the product of on-going activities of the Autism Speaks Autism Treatment Network, a funded program of Autism Speaks. It is supported by cooperative agreement UA3 MC 11054 through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration, Maternal and Child Health Research Program to the Massachusetts General Hospital. Its contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the MCHB, HRSA, HHS, or Autism Speaks."