Autism Speaks opens applications for Local Impact Grants
NEW YORK (April 15, 2022) - Autism Speaks, the global non-profit dedicated to promoting solutions, across the spectrum and throughout the life span, for the needs of people with autism and their families, today announced the opening of applications for a new cycle of Local Impact Grants.
Local Impact Grants provide awards of up to $5,000 to nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations that have been in operation for a minimum of one year. These grants fund programs that provide autistic people with social and educational experiences, enhancing their lives today and accelerating a spectrum of solutions for tomorrow.
Autism Speaks’ Local Impact Grants support a variety of programs, including:
- Education and training programs for autistic individuals
- Recreation, athletic and community programs that offer inclusive social opportunities
- Young adult and adult services, including vocational training, life skills, residential services and others
- Assistance for sensory equipment and supportive technology
- Summer camp scholarships for financially disadvantaged people with autism
Since 2013, Autism Speaks has awarded over $3 million in Local Impact Grants to more than 500 organizations across the country serving tens of thousands of autistic people, their caregivers and families, teachers, therapists and peers.
- April 15: Application opens
- May 16: Application closes
- May 23 – June 17: A group of independent evaluators from across the country reviews and scores applications
- June 27 – July 8: Review committees meet and make decisions on recommendations
- July 11– July 18: Recommendations are reviewed and grants approved by our leadership team
- July 25: All applicants are notified and announcements made on social media
- Beginning August 15: Funds are disbursed upon receipt of contracts
- End of July 2023: Final Report from recipients due to Autism Speaks
Please click here to apply. The application will remain open until Monday, May 16.
For more information, check out our Local Impact Applicant Guidebook or email email@example.com.