Autism Speaks opens applications for Local Impact Grants
NEW YORK (April 15, 2022) - Autism Speaks, the global non-profit dedicated to promoting solutions, across the spectrum and throughout the life span, for the needs of people with autism and their families, today announced the opening of applications for a new cycle of Local Impact Grants.
Local Impact Grants provide awards of up to $5,000 to nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations that have been in operation for a minimum of one year. These grants fund programs that provide autistic people with social and educational experiences, enhancing their lives today and accelerating a spectrum of solutions for tomorrow.
Autism Speaks’ Local Impact Grants support a variety of programs, including:
- Education and training programs for autistic individuals
- Recreation, athletic and community programs that offer inclusive social opportunities
- Young adult and adult services, including vocational training, life skills, residential services and others
- Assistance for sensory equipment and supportive technology
- Summer camp scholarships for financially disadvantaged people with autism
Since 2013, Autism Speaks has awarded over $3 million in Local Impact Grants to more than 500 organizations across the country serving tens of thousands of autistic people, their caregivers and families, teachers, therapists and peers.
- April 15: Application opens
- May 16: Application closes
- May 23 – June 17: A group of independent evaluators from across the country reviews and scores applications
- June 27 – July 8: Review committees meet and make decisions on recommendations
- July 11– July 18: Recommendations are reviewed and grants approved by our leadership team
- July 25: All applicants are notified and announcements made on social media
- Beginning August 15: Funds are disbursed upon receipt of contracts
- End of July 2023: Final Report from recipients due to Autism Speaks
Please click here to apply. The application will remain open until Monday, May 16.