World Autism Awareness Day
Every April Autism Speaks celebrates World Autism Month, beginning with the United Nations-sanctioned World Autism Awareness Day on April 2. This year marks the 16th annual World Autism Awareness Day.
Throughout the month, we focus on sharing stories and providing opportunities to increase understanding and acceptance of people with autism, fostering worldwide support. This year, we are committed to standing together to make a world of difference for people on the spectrum.
Supporters can participate in World Autism Month in a variety of ways:
- Pledge your support and uploading your photo to become part of our worldwide mosaic of unity and collaboration.
- Make a meaningful, lasting impact for people with autism with your gift. It’s one of the easiest and best ways to show your support. Donate today!
- Join our 2.8 million social followers to help foster understanding and acceptance by sharing the diverse stories of people on the spectrum or telling your own. Submit your story for our social media pages.
- Engage in the Autism Speaks Kindness Campaign to fundraise for the autism community while sharing purposeful acts of kindness that encourage acceptance, understanding and inclusion.
- Learn all the ways you can fundraise on social media.
- Show your support by wearing our official World Autism Month gear.
- Light It Up Blue on April 2 in celebration of people with autism and those who love and support them. Join the thousands of landmarks, buildings, homes and communities around the world and come together on April 2, World Autism Awareness Day to shine a light on the autism community.
Whether you have autism, love someone who does or are looking to support a diverse, accepting and kind community – let’s stand together and pledge our support to make a world of difference by helping all people with autism reach their full potential.