Washington State-Regulated Insurance Coverage
Washington requires meaningful coverage for autism, including applied behavior analysis (ABA), under state regulated plans.
Washington’s autism insurance bill, SB 5059, was enacted in 2014.
To which plan types does the state autism insurance law apply?
- Individual Plans - YES
- Fully Insured Large Group Plans - YES
- Fully Insured Small Group Plans - YES
What services are covered by law?
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Behavioral Health Treatment
- Pharmacy Care
- Psychiatric Care
- Psychological Care
- Therapeutic Care
- Any care for individuals with autism spectrum disorders that is demonstrated, based upon best practices or evidence-based research, to be medically necessary
Does Washington have caps on coverage?
No. Coverage is not limited by age, dollar, or number of visits.
If you have additional questions, please email email@example.com.
Last Updated: December 2019