Housing and Residential Supports Tool Kit
The search for housing and residential supports can be challenging for a person with autism and his or her family.
We hope to make this often-complicated journey as simple and successful as possible for you by giving you the tools you need to make housing choices.
The purpose of this tool kit is to:
- Provide an overview of housing options
- Teach you about the supports and services often needed by adults with autism.
- Describe options for funding
- Create a structure to help you consider and plan for the types of services and supports needed.
- Help expand opportunities to meet the housing needs of people with autism
- Entitlement for Services vs. Eligibility and Availability for Services
- How do I begin the housing search?
- Options for Housing and Models for Residential Support
- Funding for Housing
- Planning Tool: Needs and Priorities
- While You Wait
- Additional Resources
Complete the form below to access the Tool Kit
By submitting this form you will receive periodic communications from Autism Speaks. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Our Autism Response Team (ART) is specially trained to connect people with autism, their families, and caretakers to information, tools, and resources.