Transition Roadmap to Postsecondary Education
To help prepare people with autism and their families for life after high school, Autism Speaks is pleased to present the Transition Roadmap to Postsecondary Education.
This roadmap is just for you if:
- You’re an autistic student planning for life after high school.
- You’re a young adult with autism looking for more information about postsecondary education.
- You’re a parent, family member or caregiver of a child with autism.
This personalized, interactive tool provides a series of goals and resources up to age 22 to help you get ready for life after high school. You can work through the roadmap at your own pace and choose the age and support level most meaningful to you.
Each goal in the roadmap includes key action steps, including:
- Developing study and self-advocacy skills
- Participating in your education planning
- Thinking about options available after high school
- Understanding and applying for funding for postsecondary programs
- Finding about support services and accommodations available to you at various schools and programs
Get started on your roadmap today!