Transition Roadmap to Meaningful Employment
To help prepare people with autism and their families for the transition to adulthood, Autism Speaks is pleased to present the Roadmap to Meaningful Employment.
This roadmap is just for you if:
- You’re an autistic student planning for life after high school.
- You’re a young adult with autism looking for more information about employment services.
- You’re a parent, family member or caregiver of a child with autism.
This personalized, interactive tool provides a series of goals and resources up to age 22 to help you get ready for employment. You can work through the roadmap at your own pace and choose the age and support level most meaningful to you.
Each goal in the roadmap includes key action steps, including how, when and where to request supports and services to help you make informed choices about:
- Education and service options before, during and after high school
- Tying employment goals to personal strengths and interests
- Building and transferring social and communication skills and self-advocacy to the workplace
- Employment options and services
- Transportation options and services
- Money management
Get started on your roadmap today!