Bridges to Adelphi Program (BAP)
UPDATED: May 27, 2021
Through a variety of services designed to help students maximize areas of strength and creativity, the Bridges to Adelphi Program (BAP) endeavors to increase community awareness and understanding, as well as foster appreciation for each student’s unique views of the world.
Bridges to Adelphi is a vital campus resource. It achieves its mission by:
- Offering individual, group, and peer mentor services, designed to help students overcome issues that may affect academic, social and vocational success; while upholding the University’s academic integrity, high standards, and expectations.
- Serving as consultant, collaborator, and liaison to the University faculty, administration, staff, and students, in addition to the surrounding community, to create an environment supportive of the intellectual, emotional, diverse, and spiritual needs of students.
- Providing outreach to families and school districts to support students’ transition to higher education and nurture educational bonds with Adelphi University.
- Providing outreach and training to other universities with similar programs, or interested in developing similar programs
- Providing training programs to companies and organizations interested in increasing their internal diversity programs
- Collecting and evaluating program data to assess the efficacy of BAP activities, and to contribute to research in the field of college programs for neurodiverse students”
- Insurances Accepted:
- Call for Fee
1 South Ave
Earle Hall B Lower Level
Garden City, NY 11530
Our Autism Response Team (ART) is specially trained to connect people with autism, their families, and caretakers to information, tools, and resources.