UPDATED: May 27, 2021
This program provides services to academically capable students to support academic achievement, independent living skills, and campus life engagement opportunities. Students in this program must meet the NSU's admission requirements as determined by the program of application.
Access Plus Services
- A 2-hour, daily study hall, staffed by peer mentors under the supervision of the program administrator that meets Monday through Friday
- Assistance in supporting and maintaining appropriate structure to the student's day and the supervision of assignments through completion
- Residential supports through the training of Residential Advisors assigned to the on campus living spaces of Access Plus students
- Support in keeping dormitory rooms organized and clean, developing and maintaining schedules to ensure attendance at classes, and prompting to ensure appropriate personal hygiene.
- Support to participate in and enjoy extracurricular activities thereby being involved in the overall college experience including campus clubs, organizations and social events.
- Assistance in planning weekend activities on campus and in the community to ensure that these students have as typical a college experience as possible.
- Weekly psycho-educational groups will be offered to students to focus on information exchange, skill building, and reflection and discussion regarding individual progress.
- Insurances Accepted:
- Call for Fee
3301 College Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33314
Maribel Del Río-Roberts, Psy.D.
Our Autism Response Team (ART) is specially trained to connect people with autism, their families, and caretakers to information, tools, and resources.