Gifts that leave a legacy
Planning your giving to Autism Speaks can provide valuable support to our mission and strategic priorities while allowing you to maximize your personal financial and philanthropic goals.
Benefits of planned giving include:
- current charitable income tax deduction(s)
- guaranteed lifetime income for you and/or a loved one
- savings on capital gains, income and estate taxes
- significant support to Autism Speaks
Will or Trusts
A gift in your will or trust is a popular way to support our work and still use your assets during your lifetime.
How do I add a charity to my will or trust?
The following is an example of how to add Autism Speaks as a primary or contingent beneficiary to your will or trust. As always, we encourage you to work with your attorney or financial advisor prior to use.
Sample gift language:
I, [name] give [insert specific $ dollar amount or % percentage] to Autism Speaks Inc., currently located at 1060 State Road, 2nd floor, Princeton, NJ 08540 in support of its mission. Autism Speaks federal tax identification number is: 20-2329938.
By naming Autism Speaks as a beneficiary of the following investment instruments, you and your heirs can likely avoid inheritance taxes.
- life insurance policies
- individual retirement accounts (IRA) - such as 401(k) and 403(b)
- annuities – provided the plan continues after death
- checking, savings or other financial accounts
Contact your insurance company, retirement account holder, financial advisor or bank to request a beneficiary designation form. To complete the form, use our legal name and federal tax ID below:
Legal Name: Autism Speaks Inc.
Address: 1060 State Road, 2nd floor, Princeton, NJ 08540
Fed Tax ID#: 20-2329938
Please share with us your completed beneficiary forms via fax: 212-252-8676 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you include Autism Speaks in your will or other estate giving plans, you join a special group of dedicated individuals who believe deeply in Autism Speaks’ vision that all people with autism can reach their full potential. Our work aims to create a more open global community that embraces every individual and provides the solutions and support needed to reflect the diversity of the community and breadth of experiences across the spectrum and throughout the life span.
Benefits of Spectrum Society membership include:
- a lasting legacy at Autism Speaks
- annual reports on the impact and performance of Autism Speaks
- email updates on news and achievements throughout the year
- opportunities to attend educational experiences lead by autism experts
- invitations to attend local, regional and national events