Postsecondary Educational Opportunities Guide
Deciding what to do after high school can be a difficult process. This guide will help you and your family explore the various options available to you.
The guide provides a closer look at four-year universities, community colleges, vocational/technical school, life skills programs and more. The information will help you find the program that is right for you.
The Postsecondary Educational Opportunities Guide is broken up into the following sections:
- Preparing for Postsecondary Education
- Types of Postsecondary Education Programs
- Obtaining Services and Asking for Accommodations
- Life on Campus
- Learning to Live Independently: A Personal Perspective
- Peer-to-Peer Advice
- Advice for Parents
- Alternative Learning for People With Autism: A Personal Perspective
- A Retrospective on Postsecondary Educational Opportunities
For additional information about the transition process, check out the Autism Speaks Transition Tool Kit.