LAS VEGAS (February 4, 2013) -- Autism Speaks is co-hosting a full-day workshop on autism insurance to kick off the 3rd Annual Convention of the Association of Professional Behavior Analysts (APBA) March 21-23 at the Rio Hotel & Casino here. Early registration, including discounted hotel rates, ends February 28!
Autism Speaks is co-hosting the first workshop, Health Insurance Coverage for Autism Treatments, on Thursday March 21 from 8 am to noon, then 1:30 to 4:30. The presenters include:
- Karen Driscoll, associate director, Federal and Military Affairs, Autism Speaks
- Gina Green, APBA executive director
- Angela Nelson, Missouri Department of Insurance
- Daniel Unumb, Autism Speaks
- Lorri Unumb, vice president, State Government Affairs, Autism Speaks
- Judith Ursitti, director, State Government Affairs, Autism Speaks
- Mike Wasmer, associate director, State Government Affairs, Autism Speaks
APBA hosts the annual convention to familiarize practitioners, parents and stakeholders on the latest developments with ABA. This year's keynote speakers will be: Dr. Thomas S. Critchfield, Illinois State University; Dr. Dorothea Lerman, University of Houston - Clear Lake; and Dr. Patrick C. Friman, Boys Town Center for Behavioral Health.
Lorri Unumb will be presented with the Dr. Jerry Shook Award during the conference.
To learn more about the conference, go here.
A hotel reservation link, online registration, and other info about the convention can be accessed by going to www.apbahome.net and clicking the red text under the convention banner.