Skip navigation

Calls to Action

Reporting an Active Case of Wandering

If you have information about a person with autism who has wandered or is missing, report it to law enforcement immediately by calling 911.

After calling 911, you should also report it to Autism Speaks and our partners, the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children.

What to do if your child is missing:

  1. Immediately call your local law enforcement agency - dial 911.
  2. After you have reported the missing person to law enforcement, call the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children at 1-800-THE-LOST (1-800-843-5678).
  3. Notify Autism Speaks by calling 1-888-AUTISM2 (1-888-288-4762) or sending a detailed email to

Prevention is Important! Click here for our Wandering Prevention Resources for Parents and First Responders.