Volunteer Advocacy Ambassador Program
The Autism Speaks Advocacy Ambassador Program is a grassroots program. Its purpose is to build relationships between constituents and legislators at the federal level.
Advocacy Ambassadors help Autism Speaks meet our advocacy goals by sharing their personal experiences and information on policies related to autism.
To be successful we must never stop educating our communities, Congress and local legislators... Never underestimate the advocacy power of a mom, dad or self-advocate with a computer or phone.
- Heidi Fernandez, Georgia Advocacy Ambassador
Our grassroots volunteers serve as the main point of contact for their legislator(s).
Ambassadors’ main responsibilities are to
- Establish and maintain relationships with federal legislators
- Serve as a media stakeholder and use media to influence elected officials
- Recruit other volunteers to participate in autism advocacy
- Report on congressional district activity, meetings, and events to Autism Speaks staff
This diverse group of advocates includes nearly 200 volunteers from 39 states.
Self-advocates, family members, lawyers, behavioral analysts, and more have joined this passionate community.
Interested? Want to apply?
Email email@example.com for a full position description and application.