Individualized Education Program (IEP): Summary, Process and Practical Tips
Individualized Education Programs help ensure a student with autism is receiving the best possible services in school. IEPs are based on each student’s unique strengths and challenges. They help define a student’s personalized educational goals and lay out the steps that will be taken to achieve those goals.
A team of lawyers at Goodwin Procter LLP has generously put together a helpful guide to help families understand the IEP process. This guide includes an overview of IEPs, an IEP timeline and critical information for each stage of the IEP process.
Questions answered include:
- What are the basic requirements for an IEP?
- What is the timeline for developing an IEP for my child?
- How can I be an effective participant in developing and managing my child's IEP?
- What are the things I should consider in developing my child's IEP?
- What can I do if I disagree with the IEP developed for my child?
Find more school-related resources here.