Dental Tool Kit
Visits to the dentist and oral care at home can be difficult for people with autism. Autism Speaks partnered with Colgate and Philips-Sonicare to create a dental guide and video for families of children with autism and dental professionals.
These tools are designed to:
- help families and caregivers find the right dentist
- teach families and caregivers how to effectively prepare for a visit to the dentist
- decrease anxiety about going to the dentist
- provide information for families to help begin a lifetime of good oral care
- provide dental professionals with tips about how to make the experience more successful for their patients with autism
The video below shows a visit to the dentist by a child with autism:
The Autism Speaks dental tool kit also includes:
- forms to use for your visit
- a visual schedule to help the child understand the steps involved in a routine dentist appointment
- information about oral care at home
Haga clic aquí para acceder este recurso en español.
Complete the form below to access the Tool Kit
If you are not able to see the form, click here.
By submitting this form you will receive periodic communications from Autism Speaks. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Our Autism Response Team (ART) is specially trained to connect people with autism, their families, and caretakers to information, tools, and resources.