The Interagency Autism Coordinating Committee (IACC) has published its annual list of the past year’s highlights in autism research – 2016 IACC Summary of Advances in Autism Spectrum Disorder Research. The 20 selected reports include new findings on:
* The challenges faced by high-risk siblings of children with autism,
* Molecular changes underlying the biology of autism,
* Risk factors for neurodevelopmental disorders,
* Promising communication interventions,
* The effects of federal and state policy changes on autism services, and
* Health and employment outcomes for adults on the spectrum.
Follow the title link above to learn more and download the full report.
In addition, the IACC has published 2013 Autism Spectrum Disorder Research Portfolio Analysis Report – an analysis of autism research against the goals laid out in the 2013 IACC Strategic Plan Update. This information is also available in a searchable form in the recently redesigned and relaunched online IACC/OARC Autism Research Database.
For more information about the IACC’s publications and activities, visit www.iacc.hhs.gov.