The Autism Spectrum Disorder Research Program (ASDRP) was created by Congress in 2006 when it appropriated $7.5 million for autism research in the Fiscal 2007 Department of Defense Appropriations Act (P.L. 109-289). Autism Speaks presented this program to Congress and worked with key Congressional champions in securing Federal appropriations for defense-funded autism research. The program was designed to supplement other federally-funded autism research such as that conducted by the National Institutes of Health (NIH). For more information about the ASDRP, visit their website.
For the Fiscal 2008 year, a total of $6.4 million dollars have been appropriated for the ASDRP.
New funding opportunities are available for the Autism Spectrum Disorder from the Department of Defense Autism Spectrum Disorder Research Program (ASDRP). The overall goal of the Fiscal Year 2008 (FY08) ASDRP, is to improve the lives of individuals currently living with autism spectrum disorder.
New funding opportunities are available in two areas: the Concept Award and the Synergistic Idea award. The Concept Award supports the exploration of an initial idea or novel observation that could give rise to a testable hypothesis. The Synergistic Idea Award supports innovative research that advances the understanding of ASD and leads to improved treatment outcomes. It is designed to promote new ideas and new collaborations between independent investigators.
This program is administered by the US Army Medical Research and Material Command through the Office of the Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP).
A reference table is available:
The complete Program Announcements for each award mechanism are located on the CDMRP website:
Summaries are located at www.grants.gov.
Quick Tips for Researchers
- Researchers, at your first interest in submitting a proposal, please contact your research administration office and identify the research administrator that will be assisting you in submission of your proposal. They are your partner for success.
- Please check our "Frequently Asked Questions" at https://cdmrp.org/FAQ if issues arise.
- Questions related to CDMRP electronic submission:
- Hours: The technical support help desk is available Monday through Friday (except Holidays). Standard hours are 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. eastern time (ET).
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 301-682-5507
- Questions related to the program, proposal format or required documentation:
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: 301-619-7079
- You may submit your Letter of Intent, or Pre-application, to the CDMRP e-receipt today or until the deadline. Visit https://cdmrp.org.