Transition Roadmap to Housing and Residential Supports
To help prepare people with autism and their families for adulthood, Autism Speaks is pleased to present the Transition Roadmap to Housing and Residential Supports.
This roadmap is just for you if:
- You’re an autistic student planning for your future.
- You’re a young adult with autism looking for more information about housing and support options available to you.
- You’re a parent, family member or caregiver of a child with autism.
This personalized, interactive tool provides a series of goals and resources up to age 22 to help you get ready for independent housing. You can work through the roadmap at your own pace and choose the age and support level most meaningful to you.
Each goal in the roadmap includes key action steps, including:
- Practicing life skills at home and in the community
- Developing strategies for independent living
- Applying for Home and Community-based Services
- Researching low-income housing options
- Saving for adult housing
- Securing residential services and supports
Get started on your roadmap today!