Roadmap to Meaningful Employment for Autistic Adults
Autism Speaks is proud to present the Roadmap to Meaningful Employment to help autistic adults navigate their employment journey. Whether you’re looking for your first job or preparing for retirement, this Roadmap will give you the guidance and resources you need at every stage of your career.
This roadmap is just for you if:
- You’re an autistic adult of any age or support level
- You’re a transition-age youth looking for information about employment
- You’re a parent, family member or support person who is helping someone with autism find and keep a job
This personalized, interactive tool provides a series of goals to help you prepare for employment, find and keep a job, and plan for your future. You can work through the Roadmap at your own pace and choose the career stage and support level most meaningful to you.
Each goal in the roadmap includes key action steps, including:
- Searching for a job
- Understanding your job contract and benefits
- Establishing workplace supports
- Building self-advocacy skills
- Planning for your financial future
Get started on your roadmap today!
Meet our contributors:
Disability Advocate, Author and Executive Director of The Way We Move
Author, Speaker, Blogger and Self-Advocate
Founder of Planning Across the Spectrum and Host of the Autism Speaks Adulting on the Spectrum podcast
Our Autism Response Team (ART) is specially trained to connect people with autism, their families, and caretakers to information, tools, and resources.