Roadmap to Housing and Residential Supports for Autistic Adults
To help support autistic adults in their search for their ideal living situation, Autism Speaks is pleased to present the Roadmap to Housing and Residential Supports.
This roadmap is just for you if:
- You’re an autistic young adult looking into various housing options for the first time.
- You are middle aged and looking to make a change in your living situation as your needs and wants may have shifted over time.
- You are approaching retirement age or older and looking for residential options with the supports you will need in this new phase of life.
This personalized, interactive tool provides a series of goals and resources to help you find independent housing. You can work through the roadmap at your own pace and choose the life stage and support level most meaningful to you.
Each goal in the roadmap includes key action steps, including:
- Assessing your current living situation, needs and wants for the future
- Learning about and applying for supports sch as Home and Community-Based Services
- Developing routines for daily living
- Adapting services and supports as your needs change
- Preparing for new routines and new skills required for a change in living situation
Get started on your roadmap today!