Georgia Department of Public Health - North Health District - Babies Can't Wait - Cherokee County Health Department - Canton Health Clinic
UPDATED: July 19, 2021
Babies Can't Wait
What Services Does BCW Provide?
- Multidisciplinary evaluation to determine eligibility and multidisciplinary assessments to determine the scope of services needed. (no cost)
- Service coordination that assists the family and other professionals in developing a plan to enhance the child's development. (no cost)
- Access to early intervention services identified in the child's Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP). State funds are available, based on a sliding fee scale, to assist families who are determined by the local BCW Program to be unable to pay.
What Are Early Intervention Services?
Services which may include assistive technology devices and services, audiology services, family training, counseling, and home visits, health services, medical diagnostic services, certain nursing services, nutrition services, occupational therapy, physical therapy, psychological services, social work services, special instruction, speech-language pathology, vision services, and transportation and related costs.
Where Are Early Intervention Services Provided?
Services are provided in natural environments, including home and community settings in which children without disabilities participate. Services can only be provided in a setting other than a natural environment when early intervention cannot be achieved satisfactorily in a natural environment.
Who Provides Services within Babies Can't Wait?
Services are provided by agencies and individuals from both public and private sectors.
Who Is Eligible for Babies Can't Wait?
BCW serves Georgia children from birth up to their third birthday, regardless of income, who meet one of the following criteria:
- Have a diagnosed physical or mental condition which is known to result in a developmental delay, such as blindness, Down syndrome, or Spina Bifida; or
- Have a diagnosed developmental delay confirmed by a qualified team of professionals.
You may view the complete list of diagnoses that result in automatic eligibility for Babies Can't Wait to determine if a specific diagnosis is covered. Information about specific diagnoses may be obtained through the American Academy of Pediatrics, the National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities at the Centers for Disease Control, and the National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD).
- Insurances Accepted:
- Call for Fee
- Private Insurance
1219 Univeter Rd
Canton, GA 30115
Website:BCW Cherokee County Health Department - Canton Health Clinic
Our Autism Response Team (ART) is specially trained to connect people with autism, their families, and caretakers to information, tools, and resources.