Adjoin - InFlight Skills Academy
InFlight Skills Academy
UPDATED: October 13, 2021
The InFlight Skills Academy is an innovative online skills training program designed with neurodiverse learners in mind! Learn about independent living, vocational, and social skills online at the InFlight Skills Academy!
Online learning has become common in education, and for good reason: it offers learners the flexibility to learn at their own pace, allows the learner to schedule class time around their busy schedules, provides access to those in rural areas or with limited access to transportation, uses technology to make the content more accessible (such as closed captioning, audio, visual, recorded seminars, multi-modal assignments and more), and provides the “quiet learner” the opportunity to be heard. Average class sizes range anywhere from 6-15 and are capped at 20 so students get to enjoy the perfect balance of meaningful student-student and teacher-student interactions. Adjoin is offering this unique post-secondary programming designed with neurodiverse learners in mind but open to all learners!
- Online: self-paced and live on Zoom
- Accessible: feature many ways to participate
- Independent: take class anywhere, anytime! All you need is a device, internet access, and about 4 hours per week
- 5 Weeks: Each course runs for 5 weeks, with each week focusing on its own topic
- Flexible: Learn at your own pace
- FUN: Earn badges, collect points, work your way up the leaderboard, and earn competency certificates as you go!
Online courses include:
- Self Advocacy and Boundaries
- Social Skills and Healthy Relationships
- Healthy You
- Social Connections Using Technology
- Personal Safety
- Time Management and Organization
- Cooking and Meal Planning
- Money Management
- Creating Safe Spaces - Living on Your Own
- Brain Fitness
- AND MORE!
In partnership with: STRIVE WorldWIDE
About STRIVE: STRIVE is a Maine-based 501(c)(3) organization that serves individuals with intellectual disabilities as well as individuals with mental health issues. After providing services in-person to Maine residents for over 20 years, STRIVE WorldWIDE is a first-of-its-kind effort at bringing these services online to teach independent living skills. For more information on STRIVE, you can visit www.pslstrive.org
- Insurances Accepted:
- Call for Fee
9444 Farnham St
San Diego, CA 92123
Website:InFlight Skills Academy
Our Autism Response Team (ART) is specially trained to connect people with autism, their families, and caretakers to information, tools, and resources.