Autism POVs: Autism and bullying
Through research, we know that students with autism are more likely to be bullied than the general population.
To understand how bullying can affect someone on the autism spectrum, we spoke with author and self-advocate, Jesse Saperstein. We also spoke with Dr. Peter Faustino, school psychologist with the National Association of School Psychologists, about ways to stop or decrease bullying for students, parents and teachers.
Download a transcript of this episode here.
Subscribe at the below platforms to get new episodes as they are released:
Resources related to this episode:
- School Community Tool Kit - This kit provides helpful information about students with autism to promote understanding and acceptance at school. It includes tools and strategies to increase learning for all members of the school community.
- 7 steps to take a stand against bullying
- 6 things people with autism want bullies to know
- I was bullied because I was different, here is my advice
- Illustrations from an autism mom: What is a bully?