RevolutionHealth.com, a free online health and medical Web site that combines expert content and online tools with the power of social networking, has announced its first online health fair to be held through June 30, 2007. Revolution Health is partnering with 10 national nonprofit organizations, including Autism Speaks, who are participating with an online “booth” at the Health Fair and for every visitor to their booth Revolution Health will make a $.25 donation to that partner for a total of up to $10,000.
Continuing with their mission to bring the focus of health care back on consumers, RevolutionHealth.com has assembled experts from these nationally recognized nonprofit organizations to provide engaging information to consumers on specific major illnesses, including the warning signs, prevention information when applicable and steps to take to if one is diagnosed – all online, for free and without having to leave the comfort of one's home or office.
Bringing convenience to the traditional health exposition model, RevolutionHealth.com's online health fair features information you can use from its nationally-known nonprofit partners:
- American Kidney Foundation – Learn the facts about kidney disease, determine your risks and steps to help prevent it.
- Asthma & Allergy Foundation of America – Learn how the 60 million Americans suffering from asthma and allergies can better manage their disease.
- – A new case of autism is diagnosed in American almost every 20 minutes. In fact, more children will be diagnosed with autism this year than with HIV/AIDS, diabetes and cancer combined. Learn the warning signs and what to do if you believe your child might be affected.
- IBS Self Help & Support Group – Learn the symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome and join the largest online community for people with IBS.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness – With mental illness most often striking people in the prime of their lives, learn the warning signs, the treatment options and your state's grade for its mental health care systems.
- National Family Caregivers Association – Approximately 50 million people provide care for a chronically ill, disabled or aged family member or friend in a given year. NFCA provides useful information and steps to take to alleviate the challenges of caring for others and ways of making it as meaningful and rewarding as possible.
- National Foundation for Celiac Awareness – 97 percent of people with celiac disease don't know they have it. Learn the facts about this digestive disease, the signs and symptoms, the causes, the risk factors and treatment options if you, a family member or friend have the disease.
- National Sleep Foundation – Test your “sleep IQ,” learn the top 10 tips everyone can take to get a good night's sleep and get the latest sleep news and research.
- The Society for Women's Health Research – Learn how women can take charge of their health. Get useful information on autoimmune disease, cancer and cardiovascular disease, and find out the 10 major health differences between women and men.
- The Wellness Community – Learn how support groups can facilitate wellness and join “homes” across the world that are set up as cancer support centers.