Join us for this engaging event focused on bringing together individuals with autism, families, advocates, business leaders, entrepreneurs, adult service providers and state resources to share innovative approaches to addressing employment issues for adults with autism.
Hear from a group of small businesses that are achieving success by harnessing the unique abilities of individuals with autism to create jobs opportunities for employment at every level.
Meet a group of exceptional employees with autism who will share their stories about the jobs they love.
Be part of the judging for the Pitch Fest event. You’ll meet local entrepreneurs as they pitch their ideas for creating businesses to support employment opportunities for individuals with autism for a chance to win. Vote onsite and help pick the winner.
Network and connect with local advocates, families and service providers
Get your questions answered and participate in Question and Answer forums throughout the program.
- Saturday, March 12th, 2016, 9:00 am – 12:30pm (Doors open at 8:30 am)
- Location: Northwestern University’s Norris University Center, 1999 Campus Drive, Rooms 202A and 202B, Evanston, IL 60208
- FREE to Registered Participants
- 8:30 – 9:00 Doors Open / Networking Breakfast
- 9:00 – 9:15 Opening Remarks by Autism Speaks
- 9:15 – 10:15 Panel Discussion and Q&A: Employment Innovation
- 10:15 – 11:15 PitchFest
- 11:15 – 11:30 Break / Audience Voting
- 11:30 – 12:15 Self-Advocate Presentations and Q&A: Impact of Employment
- 12:15 – 12:30 Pitch Fest Awards
- 12:30 - 1:00 Closing Remarks / Resource Fair
All individuals interested in attending the event must complete the registration form. Space is limited and attendance will be on a first come, first served basis. REGISTER NOW!
For more information, email email@example.com.
This Symposium is part of the Midwest Small Business Accelerator (MSBA) Program, an Autism Speaks initiative created in partnership with AutonomyWorks and funded by a generous grant from our donors.
Special thanks to Northwestern University and the Nuerodevelopmental Disabilities Laboratory and Speech, Language and Learning Clinic, for graciously hosting this event.