More Ways to Fundraise
College or University Involvement
Autism Speaks U
Join a nationwide network of university students dedicated to raising awareness and funds in support of people with autism and their families.
Initiated in 2006 at Penn State, the Autism Speaks U program has grown to over 30 chapters at colleges and universities across the U.S. supporting the Autism Speaks mission.
Join with students, faculty and alumni in student-organized events and Walk teams. Have fun while making a difference!
Autism Speaks U Chapter benefits:
- Gain professional experience and earn volunteer hours.
- Acquire community outreach and marketing skills
- Build your resume and gain service hours
- Enjoy nationwide student chapter collaboration
- Network with leaders and experts in the autism field
- Make a difference in the lives of people with autism
Interested? Let’s talk!
Autism affects 1 in 59 children in the U.S. Teachers and students can play an important role in increasing understanding and acceptance.
Puzzle Piece Tool Kit and Kids and Coins Fundraiser
- Designed exclusively for Autism Speaks by a teacher to help increase understanding and acceptance of students with autism. The Puzzle Piece Tool Kit is full of interactive activities and resources for grades K-12.
- Combine your educational activities with an Autism Speaks Kids and Coins fundraiser to make an even greater impact.
School Walk Team
- Gain school recognition in the larger community. Create a school or classroom Walk team and show your ‘true blue’ class colors at a Walk in your area.
$54 in 24 Fundraising Challenge
A one-day online fundraising challenge to raise $54 in support of the 1 in 54 kids in the U.S. on the autism spectrum.
- Collegiate Giving Day Tool Kit
- Fundraising Challenge for Autism Speaks Walk
- Fundraising Challenge for Autism Speaks TeamUp
Want more kindness in the world? Us, too. What better way to create connection and conversation than by sharing a virtual cup of kindness with your community? Take a Kindness Break and spark conversation, connection and community.
Looking for a way to ‘go live’ and support a great cause. Game On for Autism Speaks! Your quest is to level up autism awareness and unlock understanding and acceptance. Start a charity stream. And earn custom rare loot! Find out more.
Have a restaurant, coffee shop, food truck? Join with restaurants and food vendors nationwide to support people with autism by having a creative food fundraising event.
Partner restaurants have raised more than $10 million to benefit the autism community while increasing customer engagement and building brand loyalty.
Find out how you can participate in Dine Out!
World Autism Month
April is World Autism Month and one of the best times of the year to help increase understanding and acceptance and raise funds in support of the autism community.
Light It Up Blue
Autism Speaks traditionally kicks off World Autism Month beginning with United Nations-sanctioned World Autism Awareness Day on April 2. On the day, throughout the month and all year long, we invite people to increase understanding and acceptance of people with autism by lighting it up blue and participating in fundraising and awareness events.
There are many ways to show your 'true blue' support any time of year:
- Create a Facebook fundraiser at facebook.com/autismspeaks/fundraisers
- Register for an Autism Speaks Walk near you at autismspeakswalk.org
- Participate in some of the best endurance races in the world at autismspeaks.org/teamup
- Wear your support. Get your Autism Speaks gear at shop.autismspeak.org
Fundraise Your Way (FYW)
FYW makes it easy to create and share your own fundraising idea online. Plan an event during April, World Autism Month. Have fun while making a difference for students and friends with autism. Check out our easy-to use digital fundraising platform and tools.
It's easier than ever to start a Facebook fundraiser to support people with autism. In just a few steps you can create your fundraiser, choose your charity and share with friends. All without ever leaving Facebook. There are no fees when fundraising for a nonprofit. Try it today!
Contact your local Chapter
Want to learn more ways to get involved in your area? Contact your nearest Autism Speaks office.