Steps for Kindness
Mark your calendars for April 25 at 1 p.m. EDT/10 a.m. PDT! Join us to take Steps for Kindness - walk 5,400 steps in support of the 1 in 54 U.S. kids with autism, wherever you are and however you can. Can’t hit 5,400? No worries - every step counts!
It’s a moment when our community will come together in a nationwide celebration. Let's be together wherever we are. Join us to connect, celebrate and create a kinder world.
These times have been tough on all of us, so let’s get together, wherever you are and however you can – in your house, in your backyard or safely in your neighborhood. To join us: wear blue, tell your community you’re stepping for kindness, chalk your sidewalk, post signs in your windows or yard, and share pictures of you and your family getting in on the fun!
We can’t wait to see the power of our community - all dressed in blue! - coming together as one.
We’ll kick it all off with an interactive program on Facebook Live at 1 p.m. EDT/10 a.m. PDT and a sendoff to start stepping around 1:15 p.m. EDT/10:15 a.m. PDT!
Take 5,400 steps (alone or as a team) to help increase understanding and acceptance of the 1 in 54 U.S. children with autism. (Can’t safely take steps? Take a figurative “step” like sharing a kind message on social using #StepsForKindness or taking the #KindnessCounts challenge!)
- WHAT: Steps for Kindness, a nationwide event to connect and celebrate together - by taking 5,400 steps wherever you are in support of the 1 in 54 U.S. kids with autism. Can’t hit 5,400? No worries - every step counts!
- WHEN: Saturday, April 25 – Opening Ceremony at 1 p.m. EDT/10 a.m. PDT, with steps sendoff around 1:15 p.m. EDT/10:15 a.m. PDT
- WHERE: RSVP to the Facebook Live event here.
- WHO: Everyone who cares about a kinder world.
- HOW: Once you RSVP, share with others (we even made you some fun social posts to make it easy!), then tune in when the event starts! Use #StepsForKindness to join the conversation.
- WHY: To celebrate together our community’s relentless commitment to creating a kinder, more inclusive world and to being there for each other no matter what.
The best part? Every participant in the event will contribute to our commitment to achieve 1 million acts of kindness in 2020.
Want to make an even bigger impact? Download the Charity Miles app and walk for our cause!