Idaho State-Regulated Insurance Coverage
Idaho requires meaningful coverage for autism under state regulated plans.
The Idaho Department of Insurance issued Bulletin: No. 18-02 in 2018. The bulletin directs all insurance companies to provide coverage for ABA in plans that become effective after December 31, 2018.
To which plan types does the STATE autism insurance law apply?
- Fully Insured Individual Plans - YES
- Fully Insured Large Group Plans - YES
- Fully Insured Small Group Plans - YES
What services are covered by the law?
- Applied behavior analysis
- Pharmacy care
- Psychiatric care
- Psychological care
- Speech, occupational and physical therapy
Does Idaho have caps on ABA coverage?
Where can I find more details about the Idaho autism insurance bulletin?
A copy of the bulletin can be found here.
If you have any additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated: December 2019