Grants for Service Providers
Autism Speaks funds programs that provide people with autism with social and educational experiences.
Through the bi-annual Norma and Malcolm Baker Recreation Program, Autism Speaks funds grants that identify and support innovative community programs for people with autism of all ages.
We will fund recreational programs demonstrating the ability to:
- reach a wide age range of individuals on the spectrum
- have true, measurable impact on the lives of those who participate and their loved ones
- grow and replicate best practices with other partners in their community, state or region
The Baker Recreation Programs will support:
- Summer Camp Programs – including day and overnight programs that provide a safe and nurturing environment where people with autism can enjoy a variety of therapeutic activities and sports, and arts and technology programs that help them reach their full potential during the summer. These programs are also a source of much needed respite for families and caregivers.
- Adult Service Programs – including recreation and respite programs specifically for adults. These programs may also teach life skills, health and community living skills.
- Adult Employment Programs – including programs that are dedicated to helping individuals with autism find and maintain meaningful employment by teaching them the skills they need to succeed in the workplace.
- Physical Fitness and Sports Programs – including a wide range of athletic activities and team sports, as well as health and wellness programs both in school and after school which aim to ensure people with autism are learning how to engage in physical activities that they can share with their peers.
- Swimming and Water Safety – including programs that provide qualified swimming and water safety lessons specifically for individuals with autism.
Our new cycle for the Norma and Malcolm Baker Recreation Program is now open! Please go to https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=autismspeaksfs to submit an application through August 30. Recipients will be announced in November.
For any questions, please email Serena Selkin at email@example.com.
Are you interested in learning about the programs Autism Speaks has already funded?
Visit the Autism Speaks Grants Database to search by category, state, or year!