Questions? Call us at 888-288-4762 or en Español 888-772-9050, or email email@example.com.
10 Ways the Autism Response Team Can Help
- When You Don’t Know Where to Start: The Autism Response Team (ART) is specially trained to connect people with autism, their families and caregivers to information, tools, and resources.
- Learn the Signs: Are you concerned your child has a developmental delay? Trust your instincts and contact ART to learn how to connect with your local Early Intervention resources. Early intervention services can make extraordinary differences in your child’s development.
- Find Local Services: Do you need help finding local autism service providers in your area? ART can help you learn about the Autism Speaks Resource Guide, our online national database of autism providers and resources searchable by state and zip code.
- Find the Right Tools: Contact ART to learn more about our Family Services Tool Kits! Our Tool Kits provide information, timelines, strategies, and more on many topics relevant to the autism community. Examples include our 100 Day Tool Kit, School Community Tool Kit, Dental Tool Kit and more!
- Newly Diagnosed Children: Learn how to make the best use of the first 100 days after receiving a diagnosis! Families who have a child that has been diagnosed with ASD in the last 6 months can call ART to request a complimentary hard copy of our 100 Day Kit or Asperger Syndrome/HFA Tool Kit.
- Know Your Child’s Rights: Looking for where to start the search for more information on your child’s educational rights? Contact ART to learn more about the rights and entitlements of children with autism. We will provide resources that will help you prepare for your child’s IEP meeting.
- Stay Informed: ART can help you locate a wide variety of autism-related resources listed in Autism Speaks Resource Library. Contact us for help finding the latest books, articles, websites and so much more!
- Parent Support: Sometimes managing the day-to-day challenges of living with autism is overwhelming and can be isolating! Today, it is estimated that 1 in 68 children is diagnosed with autism in the United States. Contact ART for help connecting with other families who know what it’s like to “walk in your shoes.”
- Transition to Adulthood: Wondering about how to start planning for your adolescent child’s future? Contact ART to learn about our Transition Tool Kit that provides options to explore as you and your adolescent with autism begin to plan for adulthood.
- Adult Services: Connecting adults with autism to support services, resources and information is a priority for Autism Speaks. Contact ART for more information on local resources for adults with autism, including employment and housing information!
Click here to view a poster created by our Autism Response Team that details the team's responsibilities and the supports they provide to families and individuals with autism.
Autism Speaks does not provide medical or legal advice or services. Rather, Autism Speaks provides general information about autism as a service to the community. The information provided is not a recommendation, referral or endorsement of any resource, therapeutic method, or service provider and does not replace the advice of medical, legal or educational professionals. Autism Speaks has not validated and is not responsible for any information or services provided by third parties. You are urged to use independent judgment and request references when considering any resource associated with the provision of services related to autism.