DIY: Weighted Lap BuddyOctober 21, 2019
This project is recommended for use in children ages 5 and up. This project may contain choking hazards. The CDC reports that children under age 5 are at greatest risk for choking injury.
2 to 5 Pounds of Rice (your rice should be no more than 5-10% of the body weight of the person using the lap pillow).
- Cut off one leggings or tights legs
- Pour rice equal to 5% to 10% of intended user's body weight then place in a measuring cup or bowl
- Place the legging over your container of rice and flip the rice container slowly
- Tie knot at the end of tights leg to secure the rice
- Finally, decorate your buddy as you wish.
Show us your creations by tagging #autismspeaksDIY.