DIY: Weighted Lap Buddy
This project is recommended for use in children ages 5 and up. This project may contain choking hazards. The CDC reports that children under age 5 are at greatest risk for choking injury.
If you need to get some supplies for this project, did you know you can shop like you normally do via Amazon and Amazon will give to Autism Speaks on your behalf? Just shop using our link.
2 to 5 Pounds of Rice (your rice should be no more than 5-10% of the body weight of the person using the lap pillow).
- Cut off one leggings or tights legs
- Pour rice equal to 5% to 10% of intended user's body weight then place in a measuring cup or bowl
- Place the legging over your container of rice and flip the rice container slowly
- Tie knot at the end of tights leg to secure the rice
- Finally, decorate your buddy as you wish.
Show us your creations by tagging #autismspeaksDIY.