The iCan Toilet Training Program is a comprehensive toilet training app based on decades of successful toilet training and education research. The app provides the key elements for successful toilet training.
- Encourages children to initiate going to the bathroom and reminds them when to go using two schedule options: Early training with set intervals & Advanced training with child specific intervals
- Reminds children to go to the bathroom with audio, visual, and vibrating cues (on devices that vibrate)
- Includes engaging media that encourages children to wait on the toilet
- Rewards children for using the bathroom with fun games
- Provides reminders and supportive feedback for trying to use the bathroom
- Shows gender specific illustrations
The grant was developed through a U.S. Department of Education/National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research grant.