Thousands of New Yorkers with autism currently depend on Home and Community Based Services to survive and thrive in their communities and the state will soon submit their renewal application for these services to the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
Email your input to email@example.com and please specify 1915 (c) Waiver Renewal comments in subject line.
Or mail to:
Attention: Division of Person Centered Supports
44 Holland Avenue, 4th Floor
Albany, NY 12229
You can take a look at the renewal waiver here, but decision makers need to hear from stakeholders like you! What is working? What is not working?
- What is working for you in the current HCBS waiver;
- What is NOT working for you in the current HCBS waiver;
- What difficulties have you encountered trying to use OPWDD HCBS waiver services;
- What unmet needs to do you have that you cannot get OPWDD support to address; and
- Explain what services and supports would meet your needs
Then ask others in the community to make their voice heard on Twitter: