Please join us for a discussion of health insurance coverage for autism spectrum disorders. Forty two states have enacted legislation that requires meaningful coverage for the treatment of autism, including Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA). Over 35% of self funded health benefit plans cover ABA for autism. What is the status of coverage for autism in Tennessee?
Wednesday, July 22, 2015
6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Vanderbilt Kennedy Center
110 Magnolia Cir, Nashville, TN 37203
Mike Wasmer, Director of State Government Affairs for Autism Speaks, will be presenting information to help answer your questions, including:
- Which type of health insurance plan do I have (e.g. fully insured, self funded)?
- Why is it important to know what type of health insurance plan I have?
- Is my child entitled to coverage of ABA under my health insurance plan?
- What can I do to advocate for the addition of meaningful coverage for the treatment of autism to my health insurance plan?
There will be plenty of time for additional questions and answers. We hope to see you there!
- Admission is free. Light refreshments will be served -
If you are not able to attend we will be repeating this meeting across the state over the summer. West TN: July 30th - Jackson: Therapy and Learning Center, July 31st - Memphis/Cordova: Hope Presbyterian Church; East TN: September 15th - Chattanooga: Siskin Children's Institute; September 16th - Knoxville: Disability Resource Center