Autism & Disability Visual Integration Company Experience (ADVICE)
Autism Speaks is proud to collaborate with NEXT for AUTISM and the Poses Family Foundation to expand ADVICE, a program that helps companies develop initiatives to hire, train and retain employees with autism. ADVICE also works with companies to design autism-friendly environments in order to improve worker and customer experiences.
ADVICE in an innovative disability consultancy that is committed to creating meaningful employment opportunities for adults with autism. Led by James Emmett, it is also designed to teach our partner businesses to sustain and grow their hiring programs on their own over time.
- ADVICE connects national companies to candidates with autism, local disability resources and service providers, such as job coaches and vocational training programs
- ADVICE provides expert support and training to company employees so that they may better understand and work with colleagues who are on the spectrum
- ADVICE helps companies develop long-term strategies for an autism-inclusive workplace, including on- the-job support, job modifications, accessing state and federal financial incentives, diversity training and retention strategies
- Corporate clients include: Staples, Cintas, Quest Diagnostics, and Meijer, with three additional companies committed
- Cintas has trained more than 500 employees to work with colleagues who are on the autism spectrum, and has more than 100 participating sites
- 265 hires have resulted from ADVICE’s work thus far