*New! Autism Speaks is excited to announce the recipients of the 2013 Sprouts Neighborhood Grants! We distributed grants of up to $5,000 to 66 organizations around the country for a total of over $340,000.
Autism Speaks was thrilled earlier this year to announce a new grant program that will benefit Sprouts local communities.
Click here to read answers to Frequently Asked Questions about the Neighborhood Grants.
Neighborhood Grants informational webinars were held on Monday, August 12th and Wednesday, September 4th.
Click here to view the slides from the presentation.
The Autism Speaks Neighborhood Grant Program will be made available to organizations who serve the autism community in the following 8 states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Oklahoma, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas, and Utah.
The focus of Autism Speaks Neighborhood Grant Program is three-fold:
- to promote local services that enhance the lives of those affected by autism
- to expand the capacity to effectively serve this growing community
- to increase the field of service providers in the four chapters
- Applications Open: Now
- Webinars for Potential Applicants: August 12 and September 4
- Application Deadline: October 21
- First Tier Review: October 22 - November 8
- Second Tier Review: November 12 - November 20
- Final Recommendations sent to Family Services: November 26
- Board Approval: December 11
- Applicant Notification: December 13
Autism Speaks Neighborhood Grant Program will select organizations and offers up to $5,000 in funding for organizations that serve individuals with autism.
Autism Speaks recruits members for the Autism Speaks Neighborhood Grant Program Review Committee. The committee will be composed of families affected by autism, individuals with autism, and autism professionals.
For more information about the Autism Speaks Neighborhood Grant Program, contact Serena Selkin, Assistant Director, Family Services Grants at email@example.com.