*New! June 2, 2014 - Applications for the Autism Speaks Local Grant programs are open!
About the Chapter, Regional and Neighborhood Grants
The focus of our Family Services Local Grants is three-fold:
- to promote local services that enhance the lives of those affected by autism
- to expand the capacity to effectively serve this growing community
- to increase the field of service providers across the country
Local organizations may apply for a grant of up to $5000 for a one time grant for new programs or the expansion of existing programs.
Autism Speaks places a significant focus on the end product or deliverable of each proposal that will benefit the autism community beyond those participating in the program. Deliverables include videos, manuals and curricula will be shared on the Autism Speaks website for the broader community. In addition, Autism Speaks seeks to ensure proposals provide opportunities for individuals with varying functioning levels. Careful consideration will also be given to proposals that specifically address the needs of underserved communities.
*Note: Grants are divided into Chapter, Regional and Neighborhood Grants depending on the location of the service providers. Service providers across the United States are eligible to apply for the local programs and applications will be sorted internally depending on location. Both for profits and nonprofits are eligible to apply.
June 2: Applications open
August 8: Application deadline
Week of October 27: Applicants notified
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online through the Autism Speaks Online Grant system. Click here to apply!
Before you apply, you can view a copy of the application here. Please note, however, that applications must be submitted online at the link above.
Grants We Have Funded
In 2013, Autism Speaks awarded more than $700,000 to 141 local organizations through its Chapter, Neighborhood and Regional Grant programs.
- Chapter Grants of up to $5,000 were awarded to 54 organizations located in the areas of the 11 Autism Speaks chapters (Carolinas, Chicagoland, Long Island, National Capital Area, New England, New Jersey, Ohio, South Florida, Southern California*, St. Louis and Western Pennsylvania) for a total of close to $250,000.
- Regional Grants of up to $5,000 were awarded to 21 organizations across the country for a total of close to $100,000. The grants were distributed throughout the four regions around the country (Midwest, Northeast, Southeast, West).
- Neighborhood Grants of up to $5,000, funded by Sprouts Farmers Market, were awarded to 66 organizations in 8 states for a total of over $340,000. Neighborhood Grants are available in Arizona, California (*this includes the Southern California Chapter Grants), Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas and Utah.
In 2012, Autism Speaks awarded $100,000 to 20 locations in the four original Autism Speaks chapters (Chicagoland, Southern California, South Florida and St. Louis. Click here to a view a list of recipients!
For more information about the Autism Speaks Family Services grants programs, please contact Serena Selkin at email@example.com.