*New! Applications for Chapter, Regional and Neighborhood Grant programs will be announced in early June. Stay tuned!
In 2013, through the Chapter Grants program, Autism Speaks distributed grants of up to $5,000 to 54 organizations around the country for a total of close to $250,000. Click here to learn about the recipients!
About the Chapter Grants
The focus of our Family Services Chapter Grants is three-fold:
- to promote local services that enhance the lives of those affected by autism
- to expand the capacity to effectively serve this growing community
- to increase the field of service providers in the four chapters
Local organizations may apply for a grant of up to $5000 for a one time grant for new programs or the expansion of existing programs.
Autism Speaks places a significant focus on the end product or deliverable of each proposal that will benefit the autism community beyond those participating in the program. Deliverables include videos, manuals and curricula that will be shared on the Autism Speaks website for the broader community. In addition, Autism Speaks seeks to ensure proposals provide opportunities for individuals with varying functioning levels. Careful consideration will also be given to proposals that specifically address the needs of underserved communities.
Autism Speaks seeks to directly support the innovative work of autism service providers in the following geographic chapters of Autism Speaks:
- Carolinas (NC and SC)
- Chicagoland* (Rest of IL eligible for Regional Grants)
- Long Island* (Rest of NY eligible for Regional Grants)
- National Capital Area (DC, MD, VA)
- New England (CT, MA, ME, NH, RI, VT)
- New Jersey
- Southern California* (Rest of CA eligible for Neighborhood Grants)
- South Florida* (Rest of FL eligible for Regional Grants)
- St. Louis Area* (Rest of MO eligible for Regional Grants)
- Western Pennsylvania* (Rest of PA eligible for Regional Grants)
*For those states split between two types of grants, check out the RFA for your specific county's eligibility. All are welcome!
This represents an expansion of the Chapter Grants model from four in 2012 to eleven in 2013.
*Note: Organizations across the country can apply for Autism Speaks Grants. Those in 8 states on the west coast (Arizona, California, Colorado, Oklahoma, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas, and Utah) can apply to the Sprouts Neighborhood Grants program and those in the remaining states/areas can apply to the Regional Grants program.
Chapter Grant Recipients
In December 2012, the Chicagoland, Southern California, South Florida and St. Louis Chapters each awarded a total of $25,000 to several organizations in their local areas. In all, a total of $100,000 was awarded to 21 local organizations to fund programs for individuals with autism in the areas of Education, Recreation and Community Activities, and Young Adult and Adult Services.
Click here to see a full list of recipients.
For more information about the Autism Speaks Family Services grants programs, please contact Serena Selkin at email@example.com.