Only a week away from graduation, Jenks joins Chad for one of his last days at Westchester Exceptional Children's School. During a counseling session, the reality of having to leave school and change his routine after graduation begins to hit home for Chad, and he talks about the anxiety he's feeling. In the car on their way home, Jenks opens up to Chad about his own issues with anxiety.
For the full episode summary, visit here.
Adolescents may face anxiety while shifting towards adulthood, but living with autism can add unique challenges. It is importatnt that people like Chad can find appropriate or desired employment, housing, or community involvement options just as anyone else.
- Transition Tool Kit
- Housing and Residential Supports
- Autism in the Workplace
- Autism Speaks Adult Services Grants
- Advancing Futures for Adults with Autism
- Adults with Autism in the News
- Adults with Autism Resource Library
- Autism Speaks Resource Guide