9 College Groups to Collaborate With!
College students involved in Autism Speaks U are always looking for ways to include more students in their philanthropic efforts. Every year, different student groups and organizations raise awareness and funds for Autism Speaks. Below is a list of 9 students groups to reach out to when recruiting event co-hosts and attendees.
1. Greek Life Partners: Alpha Xi Delta’s 117 chapters and Theta Delta Chi’s 33 Charges adopted Autism Speaks as their national philanthropic partner. Their members volunteer, raise awareness and fundraise for Autism Speaks. See if there is a chapter on your campus!
- Also reach out to one of Tau Kappa Epsilon’s 291 chapters, as Autism Speaks U was selected as one of their service organizations.
2. Best Buddies: This organization’s 425 collegiate chapters aim to establish a volunteer connection for individuals with developmental disabilities. Members are constantly advocating for autism awareness, so reach out to a local chapter!
3. The National Student Speech Language Hearing Association (NSSLHA): Members of their 319 chapters study communication sciences and disorders, making them an ideal group to collaborate with!
4. Council for Exceptional Children: This international organization strives to better the education of disabled and/or gifted individuals. See if there is a student representative on your campus and work together!
5. Social Fraternities & Sororities: Many schools require members to complete community service hours each semester/school year. Visit your school’s Student Activities Office to see if these groups are on your campus, if so attend a chapter meeting and let them know how they can get involved!
6. Future Educators Association (Phi Delta Kappa): This club is made up of students planning a career in education. There are hundreds of active chapters, so see if there’s one on campus and invite members to get involved.
7. Active Minds: There are over 370+ collegiate chapters of this group dedicated to raising awareness on mental health issues. Connect with your campus’ chapter today to see how you can partner on future events!
8. Circle K International: Their 15,000+ members pride themselves on student community service, leadership development and friendship around the world. As their members are looking for ways to support the community they are a great group to reach out to!
9. Service Fraternities: These groups are committed to leadership and community service. Organizations like Alpha Phi Omega, Epsilon Sigma Alpha, Gamma Sigma Sigma and Omega Phi Alpha are always looking for new volunteer opportunities. Visit your Student Activities Office or website to see if there is a chapter on campus.
Have additional ideas? Leave a comment below! Connect with Autism Speaks U via its website, Facebook and Twitter.