Beginning Thursday, January 5, 2012, Autism Speaks Chief Science Officer Geri Dawson, Ph.D. and Assistant VP, Head of Medical Research Joseph Horrigan, M.D. will jointly conduct “ Autism Speaks Office Hour: The Doctors Are In,” a monthly live web chat with Drs. Dawson and Horrigan, on the first Thursday of each month from 3:00 - 4:00 pm Eastern / 12:00 noon - 1:00 pm Pacific on the Autism Speaks Facebook page. At the time of the web chat, viewers simply log in via the “Live Chat!” tab in the far left column of the Autism Speaks Facebook page. Questions may be submitted in real time during the web chat, or any time in advance to ScienceChat@autismspeaks.org
This regular, monthly “Office Hour: The Doctors Are In” segment will offer families, providers, and the general public ongoing, personal access to the two leading clinical experts in the behavioral and medical treatment of autism. Dr. Dawson is a licensed clinical psychologist and Dr. Horrigan is a board-certified child and adolescent psychiatrist. Both have extensive clinical experience treating individuals with autism spectrum disorders. Guidance provided by Drs. Dawson and Horrigan is an invaluable resource to better understand autism symptoms, screening, diagnoses, treatments and continuing research. While the guidance provided on Autism Speaks “Office Hour: The Doctors Are In” is not a substitute for care by a family’s personal doctor or medical provider, Autism Speaks hopes that timely information from these leading experts will help parents and families understand the state of autism science and treatment, and help them to better understand and communicate with their family care provider.
- WHO: Autism Speaks Chief Science Officer Geraldine Dawson, Ph.D. and Joseph Horrigan, M.D., Assistant Vice President, Head of Medical Research
- WHAT: Autism Speaks “Office Hour: The Doctors Are In” MONTHLY LIVE WEB CHAT
- WHEN: Thursday January 5, 2012 and the first Thursday of EVERY month thereafter 3:00 - 4:00 pm EASTERN / 12:00 noon - 1:00 pm PACIFIC
- WHERE: https://www.facebook.com/autismspeaks
- NOTE: Questions may be submitted in advance to ScienceChat@autismspeaks.org